Subject: RE: [Leica] Canon really has AF figured out...BLASHPEMY? Or it i s?
From: "Kotsinadelis, Peter (Peter)" <peterk@lucent.com>
Date: Mon, 7 Jun 1999 11:24:09 -0700

You have a good point.  So it may seem reasonble that two markets will do.
The only question that comes to mind is, which one is actually the money
maker?  I would imagine one must provide the lion's share of the income for
the company so it can sustain the other.  If this were the case, it makes
sense. But if you then apply that to Leica, they would then need something
as was discussed earlier like Leica lens mfg. for other cameras and perhaps
a Minolta AF body to get into that larger piece of the pie to sustain the M
camera line.  Nothing lasts forever, although in time my M3 may change that
saying . . . . . . .

Peter K