Subject: [Leica] Noctilux & 75/1.4
From: dcoliva@jura.dsnet.it (Daniele Coliva)
Date: Mon, 07 Jun 1999 13:34:02 GMT

Dear LUGgers,

I'm in deep trouble :-) in trying to solve this doubt of mine.

As I've become so addicted to Leica M, I've completely neglected my
SLR's, that is 2 Contax bodies and a few lenses. SInce I got my first
M6 last year, they have been resting.
I know it's a pity, but I can't help it! Whenever I go out with the
camera I take my M's. In other words, there's no more feeling :-), if
you see what I mean.

On the other hand, I think it's a pity to leave that equipment alone,
especially thinking of the money it costed, so I've decided to put it
at use, that is trade it for other photo equipment I know I'll use for
sure.

Here comes the problem. I was thinking about getting the Summilux
75/1.4, but I'm afraid it overlaps with my Noctilux. Unfortunately
Erwin hasn't made a thorough review of the Summilux yet (I loved the
recent one about the Nocti!).

Anybody can please give me a few hints about the Summilux? Is it
specialized in low light situations or can it be used in any light?

One last question for Erwin and for those lucky ones who already have
the 90 apo-asph: how do these two lenses compare to each other, apart
from the focal lenghts issue?

Thanks a lot in advance for your inputs.

Regards,

Daniele Coliva
Bologna, Italia
dcoliva@jura.dsnet.it