Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: R8 as M5
From: Bernard <5521.g23@g23.relcom.ru>
Date: Mon, 07 Jun 1999 10:42:08 +0400

Lucien wrote:

> I used or tried the Leicaflex, SL, SL2, R5, R6, R6.2, R7 and R8. IMO,
> the R8 is the best Leica SLR to date.

I fully agree !

> What I'm really missing for the moment is a leather handstrap on the
> R8 winder/(motor) like on the SL/R3/R4/R7 motors.

Me too. I've attached one of those Nikon straps. They're well made, but
useless for when you want to quickly put down of pick up your camera.
When you're walking about with the camera, it's a blessing, though; I
never uses neck-staps and dropping such expensive gear is not my idea of
a good time. The Nikon name is printed into the leather only quite
feebly and with a little rubbing become invisible.

The missing Leica srtap is really the only thing wrong with the R8.

Bernard