Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: R8 as M5
From: Javier Perez <japho@cunyvm.cuny.edu>
Date: Sun, 06 Jun 1999 04:37:28 -0400

True
But when all's said and done There is only one hope for
Leitz; to reinvent itself as an independent lens manufacturer
Economies of scale would kick in driving prices down far
enough to make the mechanically superior Leitz designs
and slightly better optics a hot item for users of other brands of
Pro SLRs. An AF line could be part of the scheme. I know at
least one guy who thinks exactly as I do. Are there any more
out there?
See Ya
Javier