Subject: Re: [Leica] Auto-everything Leica SLR?
From: Bernard <5521.g23@g23.relcom.ru>
Date: Sat, 05 Jun 1999 21:19:57 +0400

> -------------------- Begin Original Message --------------------
>
> "an (innocent) question for all leica and other slr users:
>
> if leica came out with the auto-everything slr to beat all
> auto-everything
> slrs and the price for the body alone was $10,000. would you invest in
> it?
> why or why not?
> "
>
> -------------------- End Original Message --------------------

If they make an R9 with focus aid, then I will buy one, most assuredly.
I wouldn't expect to pay more than $3000, though I might throw in a
thousand more if it's really neat.

Even if the camera you suggest would autofocus my *current* lenses, then
your suggested retail price would be prohibitive for me. Even if I could
put the cash together, the worry of the thing getting damaged or stolen,
would kill much of the freedom and fun of shooting, and thus nullify all
the added quality of the camera; after all what good is the camera, if
for whatever reason I don't get the shot.

Bernard.