Subject: Re: [Leica] A Humbling Experience
From: Mark Rabiner <mrabiner@concentric.net>
Date: Thu, 03 Jun 1999 11:44:05 -0700

"Glen M. Robinson" wrote:
<snip>
Another responce to Glens post by me, this one I'm not sure is to
the/his point.

When I was 15 we went to visit my Grandma in Bay Ridge Brooklyn, maybe
it was Bay Shore Parkway I have forgotten my New York.
Her Family album she showed us countless smiling people with drinks and
lawnmowers and explained in great detail how they all came to their
demise. The lawnmover cut his toe off etc. I remember this was the same
year The Beatles hit.
Us kids thought she was very silly or low class. We were at those
arrogant early teen years of no humility.
Of course decades later when we brought her to Portland she had an album
filled with people she didn't know. Had no idea who they were. I'm going
to have my Mother put captions in her album while she has the chance.
Mark Rabiner