Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: LOWEPRO
From: csocolow <csocolow@microserve.net>
Date: Wed, 02 Jun 1999 16:33:27 -0400

m037iu00@cwcom.net wrote:

> > You might also want to consider Lightware's new line of Grip Strip
> > pouches. Essentially, it's a padded belt system.  I have the Deluxe
> > Press Pass pouch which I can wear around
> > my neck or on the belt.I'm
>
> > considering several of the other pouches for Hasselblad lenses --
> > Carl Socolow
>
> ==========================Carl,
> I have this vision of you with a choker type necklet belt around your
> neck, attached to it are pouches large enough to stuff Hasselblads
> into, and your face is just surfacing above the waist level finder....
>
> Bizarre notion! What a great idea!!
>
> Jem

Jem,

Truly a great idea. I'll handle North American Distribution if you'll
take care of European. Actually, my assistant says that if I get one of
the belt systems he'll fire me. Says he doesn't want to look like
Batman. OTOH, I'm the idiot who ends up climbing water towers, or onto
roofs of hangars or other places requiring the use of both hands so the
belt system sounds real appealing. One of the nice things about
Lightware's pouches is that some of them have drawstring tops with rain
covers for ultimate security and safety. They have Polaroid back
pouches, meter pouches, phone, radio, water bottle versions. Even one
for exposed and/or unexposed film. Finally, I can't handle the
waist-level finder. For some reason it always moves the oppositte
direction from which I move the camera. Fun for aerials.
- --
Carl Socolow

http://members.tripod.com/SocPhoto/