Subject: RE: [Leica] Solar Eclipse
From: Greg Spanier <gspanier@brooks.pvt.k12.ma.us>
Date: Wed, 2 Jun 1999 10:09:49 -0400

This may be stating the obvious, but one must be VERY careful when looking
at the eclipsed sun either directly or through a viewfinder.  Much
radiation is still there from the sun's corona, which can harm the eye
seriously or permanently.  The visible light, which causes pain and warns
us to look away is absent, so one can damage one's eye easily without
realizing it till too late.  I have been warned not to look at all...I
don't know whether a fleeting glance is safe or no.....

Greg