Subject: Re: [Leica] Studio Flash Photography with M6 TTL
From: Robinsnes@aol.com
Date: Tue, 1 Jun 1999 23:41:37 EDT

Shutter speed is not important (provided you are at or below the camera's
sync speed) when you are using flash. The flash goes off fast enough to
freeze just about anything you will be shooting. Use shutter speeds below
1/30 to include more ambient light in the image. I also have a Sekonic meter.
Don't worry about the 1/50 sync speed - just set your meter for 1/30 or 1/60
and that will be close enough. Also don't worry about tenths of a stop.
Negative film is very forgiving as long as it is on the side of overexposure.
Slide film will have to be bracketed no matter what you do.
I trust this does not oversimplify too much. I tend to be pragmatic and not
too obsessed with fine calculations. Film has latitude - more than when I
started 25 years ago. In cases of major mistakes, it can be pushed or pulled
(at increased cost of course) but you can always manage to get an image.
Good luck
Roger Skully
robinsnestphotography.com