Subject: Re: [Leica] What do you do with Leica Projectors
From: "Richard J. Wyble" <rwyble@erols.com>
Date: Tue, 1 Jun 1999 07:17:14 -0400 (EDT)

> Here is a free one for you dreamers out there: LKM and cardboard mounts
> don't mix! The tray will chew your slides up in 5-10 passes! If you think
> LKM you think plastic mounts!

Ooooooooh... and on a moment's reflection I can see just why, too. Those
little plastic "pinchers" that keep the slides from falling so easily
out of the trays. Gosh.. and I scored such a coup a week ago by buying a
little local dealers entire stock of LKM 2x60 trays .. for $4.00 a box.
:) Thank you for the "heads up" on that.

Not everyone ignores you, and I greatly appreciate your phone call
awhile back when I was pondering the purchase of a projector from you.
:)

Mailing lists can be a frustration. Several years ago I was largely
responsible for taking a small (25 member) mailing list dealing with
pipe organs (my field) and taking it "public" on bitnet. Today it is
known as PIPORG-L with a subscription list ranging between 2,000 and
3,000 depending on season of the year and other intangibles like
moon-phase, I'm convinced. The result has been that the professional
organbuilders and musicians keep a very low profile and communicate by
private email because of the continual mindless palaver on the mailing
list .. over .. and over .. and over .. and over again the same inane
nonsense.  And I'm undoubtedly "guilty" of the same thing from time to
time on LUG, but please know those of you who *do* know these things
actually *are* listened to by at least *some* of the correspondents to
the list.

PAX

  rwyble@erols.com
  Richard J. Wyble