Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Freedom of expression and responsibility
From: DonjR43198@aol.com
Date: Tue, 1 Jun 1999 00:03:48 EDT

In a message dated 5/31/99 10:54:01 AM Central Daylight Time,
roger@beamon.org writes:

<< or><param>0100,0100,0100</param>Spoken like a true practitioner of the
'scientific method', Erwin. My
 hat's off to you for your stringent use of it and listening to all views.

 I quite agree, but unfortunately, I am (and, I suspect most others) a
  part of that vast legion of average <italic>Homo sapiens, </italic>who,
after
 hearing the constant whines, begin to dismiss the person rather than
 the view only. You are an inspiration for me to mend my ways.

 (The interesting thing is that I, too, fall into the class of constant
 whiner. Not with respect to Leica, but the body politic. I guess that
 we all have our  'Achilles Heel'.)

 On 31 May 99, Erwin Puts wrote, at least in part:

pressure plate Leica quality in

 > general has  withered away, that the current Leica management

 > consists of bean counters  throwing away the quality standards

 > established by the Leitz family (if  that would be a true fact) is

 > a shaky if not wrong conclusion. One is  entitled to have this

 > view.  One is also entitled to dismiss it. Be careful: the view

 > is  dismissed, not the person who has this opinion.

 <nofill>
 --
 Roger

Now that the pressure plate review has run its course, the latest quality
control debacle is on today's post advising us that his brand new LEICA  M-6
passed through quality control even though it would not accept a Leica lens,
and when he tried to install a lens, it would not install.  That pressure
plate inspector really gets around!  No wonder Leica buyers are suggesting
checking the stuff before taking it home.

Our wives will love this one since it means there is no need to spend the
family fortune buying lenses for M-6's!

Now what excuses are the "cheerleaders" going to employ to excuse the "bean
counters" from this latest quality control debacle?