Subject: Re: [Leica]
From: "Guido Soprano" <guidosoprano@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 31 May 1999 16:32:11 EDT

Pascal,

I like your thinking...but...

So then maybe we could have the collectors spending even bigger bucks on
older M stuff ("Germany" = $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$) , which would prevent it from
being accessible to the financially challenged. But the new stuff, even if
made in Taiwan, would probably not drop enough in price to be an
alternative. Oh, the woes of impoverishment.

How can we get Brand L stuff in the hands of young photographers at a
realistically affordable price? My students use Canon mechanical F1's (a
monster steal at today's relative prices - and the lens rings go the same
way as brand L)or Nikon F/F2's. When it comes to wide angles, reliability,
control, low-light focusability and silence, there really isn't much
alternative to brand L.

GuidoSxxxx, the iMpoverished