Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Projector niggles. was Leica NJ incompetence
From: Malcolm McCullough <blayne@mbox2.singnet.com.sg>
Date: Sun, 30 May 1999 11:34:51 +0800

Ken Wilcox wrote:
>It makes a distict clicking sound when running. About two clicks per second.

Well, if we're going to have a projector clinic...
My new P300 does that occasionally. usually when I'm showing slides to
other people and can't stop to fiddle with the entangs. (entangs, also
intangs - the entangled electrical and mechanical bits that lurk inside
innocuous boxes, whether collectible or not).

However, all the time a slide is in place it makes a fairly loud buzz. It
runs quietly with no slide in. It doesn't matter if it is a card or
plastic-mounted slide (nor even if it is a Leica snap). If I lift the slide
out and gently replace the single slide unit the buzzing stops - until I
advance to the next slide. The same thing happens if I adjust the focus via
the remote.Touching the slide mount itself doesn't stop the buzz. So far, I
haven't managed to put my finger on the problem, either metaphorically or
literally. Any suggestions? Any other cases of this malaise?

Thanks
109648
Singapore
(I'm so ashamed of my problem that I am masquerading under an assumed number.
Malcolm.
Oops, what a giveaway. There goes my future with Miss Moneypenny in MI6 and
seven-eighths)