Subject: [Leica] Re: B & W Filters
From: getrichkwik@webtv.net (ED Cherney)
Date: Sat, 29 May 1999 16:59:30 -0400 (EDT)

Gareth Jolly wrote...
- ----
I use yellow as standard outdoors.
Regards
Gareth Jolly
Sydney, Australia
- ----
Hello again...
I had a very dear friend from Poland...who came to live in the US after
armed services in Austria after World War-11...by the name of Anton
Zelek.

This gent must have been the most-photographed person on Earth outside
of Princess Di!...Anton would have been LOST without that self-timer on
his two Contax-11A Cameras.

He was a most vocarious film shoter in his own right...and I was amazed
at the sharpness and brilliance of all his photos.

He traveled the world and kept my mailbox filled with envelopes filled
with postcard size B&W prints...in which I have two albums filled to the
gills.

Question in point?...He used a Green Filter on his lenses...(and never
shot color).

I switched from Yellow to Green on that basis...and noticed a remarkable
improvement in the tones of my own photos.

Just thought I'd add my two-cents worth here....
ED.