Subject: Re: [Leica] "demos"
From: Nathan Wajsman <nathan.wajsman@euronet.be>
Date: Sat, 29 May 1999 19:26:35 +0200

Bob,

The Leica of Wetzlar would be bankrupt by now. Despite the hate of
"beancounters" so prevalent on this list, the reality in a capitalist economy is
that a company must make profits in order to survive. This is true whether you
are selling Leicas or toilet paper. At the end of the day we are better off with
a Leica owned by some other company and assembling its products in some
lower-cost location than Germany than with no Leica at all. I am firmly
convinced that both of these developments will happen within the next 5 years.

Nathan

FIGLIO4CAP@aol.com wrote:

> I certainly agree that this is not the Leica of Wetzlar!
> Bob

- --
Nathan Wajsman
Overijse, Belgium