Subject: [Leica] Re: 28 mm-R PC Super-Angulon
From: Jim Brick <jimbrick@photoaccess.com>
Date: Fri, 28 May 1999 21:34:53 -0700

At 01:40 PM 5/28/99 +0400, Bernard wrote:

>Jim Brick uses it as a normal 28mm lens, but me, I don't like having to
>stop down manually when it's not a slow architecture shot.
>
>(it's really a stunning lens, optically), but I repeat, it *must* be
>stopped down to f11 when shifting.
>
>Bernard

I always have my R camera on a tripod. And the shift is good for many
things other than architecture. Also, I have *never* had a problem using my
lens at any aperture while shifting. I have some photographs that were
taken at f/2.8 with *full* shift. There is no sign of a shift/focus problem.

Maybe my lens is a lemon.

Jim