Subject: [Leica] RE: Buy out
From: "Roy Feldman" <royfel@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 27 May 1999 19:40:01 -0400

- ------=_NextPart_000_0019_01BEA878.B64268E0

Perhaps you have seen the new Dodge Neon ad. (the one with the =
sunflowers). I was involved with this shot, at the time we had full =
knowledge that it would be used in Time, People ect. We were also aware =
it would be stripped and used to augument the video campaign. All rights =
were sold for a double digit figure.
 The point is: what possible future use will the photos be used for? =
National Ad, brochure, trade ad?
Are the photos' of any use to you- stock? your portfolio?
Get a clear cut answer to both these questions.
Guidelines (ASMP) can show you what rights you have and can give away, =
but in practice you probably should give away the rights for a 10% bump =
unless you believe the photos will actually be used for more than a P.R. =
puff piece.
(Unless the company has the Kennedys' and Madonna at the event)

- ------=_NextPart_000_0019_01BEA878.B64268E0

<HTML><HEAD>
http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>Perhaps you have seen the new Dodge Neon ad. (the =
one with the=20
sunflowers). I was involved with this shot, at the time we had full =
knowledge=20
that it would be used in Time, People ect. We were also aware it would =
be=20
stripped and used to augument the video campaign. All rights were sold =
for a=20
double digit figure.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>&nbsp;The point is: what possible future use will =
the photos=20
be used for? National Ad, brochure, trade ad?</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>Are the photos' of any use to you- stock? your=20
portfolio?</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>Get a clear cut answer to both these =
questions.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>Guidelines (ASMP) can show you what rights you have =
and can=20
give away, but in practice you probably should give away the rights for =
a 10%=20
bump unless you believe the photos will actually be used for more than a =
P.R.=20
puff piece.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>(Unless the company has the Kennedys' and Madonna at =
the=20
event)</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

- ------=_NextPart_000_0019_01BEA878.B64268E0--