Subject: Re: [Leica] A LEGITIMATE LEICA QUESTION
From: Marc James Small <msmall@roanoke.infi.net>
Date: Wed, 26 May 1999 15:12:22 -0400

At 02:21 PM 5/26/99 -0400, BD Colen wrote:
>Thanks, Jem...Unfortunately the old saw about times changing is true. I
>just called Schneider and was told that the 34 mm filters are available
>only on special order, and there is one aluminum shade, but it is
>cylindrical...so I assume no good for a wide angle.......

BD

Virtually EVERY out-of-the-ordinary size is special order from both
Heliopan and B+W, and have been so for many, many years -- even the common
Rollei Bayonet sizes take six to eight weeks.

The difference is that, unlike dishonest Tiffen and <ugh!> Hoya, they WILL
fill orders for filters in these sizes.

The simplest solution to your problem, of course, is to contact Harrison &
Harrison and to buy a 34mm Series V filter adapter and hood from them;
this combination would run around $20, and, yes, they also can supply, for
a friendly fee!, Series V filters.  They can be reached at 209/782-0121.

Marc

msmall@roanoke.infi.net  FAX:  +540/343-7315
Cha robh bas fir gun ghras fir!