Subject: Re: [Leica] Situations that beg for a UV protection filter
From: Mark Rabiner <mrabiner@concentric.net>
Date: Tue, 25 May 1999 17:38:21 -0700

I did lots of driving by lakes etc. last week in a Isuzu NPR flat front
10 ton truck and I had lots of bug effects on the windshield. A bird
flew into it and broke it. I shot through in once or twice while
driving. Especially while on interstate divided highways I dreamt about
being in a car/truck that I could stand in and shoot out the top while
driving; a bubble turret... There is never anyplace to pull over on
those interstates it's like being in an airplane not at a window seat or
over a wing; it all happens not where you are or can get to.
But with no spritzer the bugs left quite a gobo effect on my large
window and I though I might miss the effect once it's gone. I should
patton it and send it to Adobe and/or Tiffen.
Idle musings.
I would not want a high speed doomed bug or swallow to hit my lens, get
me a UV filter made of safety glass! Make that a green Polarizing filter
made of bullet proof glass!
Mark Rabiner