Subject: Re: [Leica] News from Belgrade
From: Tina Manley <images@InfoAve.Net>
Date: Tue, 25 May 1999 18:57:23 -0400

At 10:05 PM 5/25/99 +0100, you wrote:
>Andreas,
>I didn't write at the time of Tina's message but it certainly set me thinking.
>One of the more positive things to come from this internet is the narrowing of
>boundaries and the creation of friends across political lines and social
>groups. Maybe, longterm, these stronger bonds of communication can work
towards
>greater harmony between ordinary people, I certainly hope and pray for that.
>And yes, Tina, I said a few prayers too. No doubt the same sort of prayers
that
>have been said a million times by all peoples on the inside and outside of all
>wars and hostilities.
>
>regards,
>Jem

Thank you, Jem.  The tremendous increases in direct communication between
people has got to be a good thing.  Iraq and Iran have banned e-mail and
satellite dishes because they are afraid for their citizens to know what is
going on in the rest of the world; however,  they cannot keep up with the
technology that allows determined people to receive news.  We can use our
photography on the internet to show people who may never receive magazines,
or go to galleries, or be able to travel what life is like in other
countries.  To me this is the highest purpose of photography.

Leically,

Tina
Tina Manley, ASMP
http://www.tinamanley.com/