Subject: Re: [Leica] Demo or Repaired Leica ??
From: Henry Ambrose <digphoto@nashville.net>
Date: Tue, 25 May 1999 13:43:09 -0500

>>Harrison McClary wrote:
>>
>> IMHO labeling a defective camera that has been "repaired" as DEMO is
>> unethical, may not be illegal, but it left a very bad impression of Leica
>> with me.

Very timely.

I had talked myself into selling off all my Nikon stuff and buying an R8
system.
(I was ready to order the camera next week)

I don't think so now.

Selling refurbished gear as demo is unethical. There's no defense for it.

I'll not knowingly buy from any dealer who does this.

Leica USA needs to police this issue.

If this is how they do business I wonder if I want to do business with
them. I understand their need to do something with the defective units.

I also understand the need for some level of consumer trust. That is
seriously challenged now.

On the other hand -

I've been thrilled with my M6  - its everything I could want in that type
of camera. the glass is incredible. I had a small problem with this
camera when new and they fixed correctly and quickly.

I hope this demo/refurb situation can be addressed properly and soon.

Henry