Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Filter and shades and Lagavulin
From: Nathan Wajsman <nathan.wajsman@euronet.be>
Date: Tue, 25 May 1999 06:53:38 +0200

Tina,

A nice thought. The only problem is the global nature of the LUG...Let's say we
pick 22.00 GMT. This means 11 p.m. for the folks in the UK, midnight for us
Continentals and 6 p.m. for people on the U.S. East Coast (remember we are all
on summer time). So far so good; however, as we move west we get into some
problems. I suppose Jim in CA does not mind drinking single malt at 3 p.m. but I
suspect that our friends in Asia would find it a rather abrupt start of their
Friday ;-)

Nathan

Tina Manley wrote, in part:

>  We should all agree on a GMT to drink a toast to Ted on
> Thursday.   Maybe we could throw our filters into the nearest lake at the
> same time.  I don't have any filters but I do have a lake handy if someone
> wants to send theirs. Cheers!
>
> Leically,
>
> Tina
> Tina Manley, ASMP