Subject: Re: [Leica] 180/3.4 APO-Telyt-R and TCs
From: LEICAMAN56@aol.com
Date: Mon, 24 May 1999 22:34:25 EDT

Hi Gang,

I have used the 180/3.4 with the 2X APO TC.  I used it to photograph Mt. Cook
near sunset time in New Zealand from our hotel balcony.  Used it with my R7
all locked down nice and tight on a Gitzo 1228 tripod.  The results were very
good, if not excellent.  Sure saved me from dragging a "big gun" 400 or my
old heavy 250/4 with me down under.
Despite having the Leica R7 and 4-5 lenses with me, I used the two M6's with
5-6 lenses much more frequently on that trip.  The R stuff usually spent time
in storage lockers or in the hotel room.  Thank goodness people are very
honest in NZ.  I usually find that the R stuff gets left behind more often
than not on vacation and I end up using the M's most.  Maybe its because of
the way I was brought up (photographically speaking) with M's that I'm just
more comfortable with them.

Bill Rosauer