Subject: [Leica] Filmr recommendation
From: "Gib Robinson" <robinson@sfsu.edu>
Date: Mon, 24 May 1999 11:04:54 -0700

Pieter Bras wrote:

> I'm looking for suggestions for 100 and 400 speed color print films that
> will do well in a high-contrast outdoor setting.  Medium contrast and
> moderate saturation would be best, IMO.

Pieter,

It may be too late for this trip but I have been very satisfied with Kodak
400MC (medium contrast). Good flesh tones, good resolving power and grain.
It has just been superseded by the film listed described below in Kodak's
"colorful" rhetoric.

The new family of KODAK PROFESSIONAL PORTRA Color Negative Films is based on
a breakthrough Unified Film Emulsion technology -- so you get remarkably
harmonious results from film to film and shoot to shoot. It doesn't matter
how many different PORTRA Films you shoot -- Natural Color (NC) or Vivid
Color (VC), 160 or 400 speed. Image after image, they deliver a level of
consistency that sets them apart.

- --Gib