Subject: Re: [Leica] studio photography
From: Mark Rabiner <mrabiner@concentric.net>
Date: Mon, 24 May 1999 10:29:53 -0700

Hoyen ~simontart~ wrote:

> A number of people have asked me to do portrait photography for them, after seeing my non-portrait work.  I have done a bit of research on this, and thanks to some helpful hints on the LUG and snip
> I want the whole thing to be as modular and compact as possible so I can take at least part of it down and transport on-location without needing to call U-Haul.  If I can fit the essentials into 2 rolling suitcases that would be great, and that would also mean collapsible yet sturdy lightstands.  Any specific recommendations or technique suggestions?

Lumideen (sic) is what a lot of people will be telling you is a standard
for your needs. That market seems to be in flux as all kinds of quirky
high tech high end Swiss and Japanese stuff is being thrown out there.
Broncolor a slightly more known brand.
My advise is skip that stuff it's too expensive, quirky and you really
can live without it and get a generator. You'll save mucho bucks.
Mark Rabiner