Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Re: Cosina new lenses
From: Nathan Wajsman <nathan.wajsman@euronet.be>
Date: Mon, 24 May 1999 08:31:19 +0200

Jim,

As I have stated before, I am with you in this argument most of the way. However,
I have just realized another benefit from these Cosina lenses. I am happy to see
that other manufacturers think that the Leica system is important enough (in
commercial terms) to market lenses for it. The fact that cheaper alternatives are
available will also provide competition for Leica and that is a good thing for us
as customers.

Nathan

Jim Brick wrote:

> I can certainly understand the dollar angle. Been there many times. But if
> you look at the folks that are clambering after these lesser lenses, they
> don't fit your mold. As I said before, if this is what you really like to
> do, that is indeed what you should be doing. And I fault nobody for doing
> it. I was simply stating my own point of view. I like the results of
> photography a little more than I like fiddling with the equipment.
>
> I like the direction Leica chose when they started making lenses. I like
> their unique imaging qualities. I like the bold, sharp, full dynamic range
> I get with the 24 & 35 ASPH lenses. I also like the subtleties of the old
> hand computed Summicrons and Summiluxs. Especially the 75/1.4 . As JL Adams
> implied, there is something about a Leica image that sets it apart from
> other images.
>
> We've discussed "Leica Glow" and "Bokeh". I believe the "ethereal"
> qualities of Leica images are much deeper than what simply meets the eye. I
> believe good Leica images have a feeling. They have music. This is why "I
> like using Leica lenses," All others need not apply.
>
> Jim

- --
Nathan Wajsman
Overijse, Belgium