Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Leica and Contax
From: Lucien <lucien@ubi.edu>
Date: Mon, 24 May 1999 00:06:04 +0100

B. D. Colen wrote:

> snip

> am I the only one out here in LUGland thinking that
> maybe the thing to do rather than buy a 21 ASPH for even preASPH for my M
> is buy a G2 with a 21 to use as a unit with my M6?

I don't see the point to choose the 21 with a G2 instead of 21 ASPH.
The day you will want to resell it, I'm not sure it will be so much cheaper.
It's like Lexus and Mercedes in Europe, you may lose more than what you saved
when you bought it.
And I think you will resell it much faster than you will with a 21 ASPH.

IMO, the only lens which "may" give an advantage to the G2 is the 90/2,8.
Bigger image in the viewfinder and fill flash at 1/200.
I said "may", because the focusing with the 90mm is not so consistent on the
G2,
even if better than with the G1.

Lucien