Subject: Re: [Leica] Film recommendation needed
From: Nathan Wajsman <nathan.wajsman@euronet.be>
Date: Sat, 22 May 1999 06:35:23 +0200

Pieter,

I second Paul's recommendation for a 100/800 combination. If you have not shot
print film for a while, you will be pleasantly surprised at the quality of
Fuji Superia 800. For the slow film I am not sure--perhaps Fuji Superia 100 or
Kodak Gold. Agfa film tends to be cheaper than Fuji or Kodak over here, but as
far as development, there is not particular advantage.

Enjoy youe trip!

Nathan

Pieter Bras wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> I'm off to Europe for the next three weeks:  two weeks in the French Alps
> and a week of obligatory visits to relatives in Germany, mostly in Berlin.
>
> For the past several years I've been shooting nothing but slides (mostly
> Kodachrome-25) and B&W, but for this trip I want to bring print film since
> I'll want extra prints.  My problem is that color print films have all
> been "updated" or superseded recently, so I don't really know what film
> to choose.
>
> I'm looking for suggestions for 100 and 400 speed color print films that
> will do well in a high-contrast outdoor setting.  Medium contrast and
> moderate saturation would be best, IMO.
>
> Also, would Agfa print films be of any advantage in Europe?  I'm planning
> to have some of the stuff I shoot developed in Berlin.
>
> --
> Pieter Bras

- --
Nathan Wajsman