Subject: [Leica] diopter lenses
From: Jay LeBlanc <jaleblan@dakotacom.net>
Date: Fri, 21 May 1999 14:08:45 -0500

I found I had a problem with a recently purchased diopter lens for an
Olympus SLR.  The power I ordered was not at all what I was expecting!  I
wound up making my own very easily, however.
Since I needed a + diopter, I brought my camera into a drug store that sold
reading glasses with plastic lenses and found the correct power by inspection.
This allows one to get a closer match that the usual integer correction
lenses offered by camera manufacturers.
I then cut a rectangular section from the lens using a hacksaw and filing
so that the lens is a press fit into the normal viewing lens frame.
The resulting correction lens work very well, very inexpensive, and it is
easy to find the correct power before purchase.   -Jay-

Visit my website at: <http://www.dakotacom.net/~jaleblan/index.html>