Subject: [Leica] re: 2 uv or not 2 - stumped
From: Like A <leica@visualimpressions.com>
Date: Thu, 20 May 1999 19:08:30 -0700

>From a practical point of view, *sometimes* it makes sense to use a UV
>filter: If the lens in question has a pretty exposed front element, and the
>cap sometimes pops off in your bag.

I have some lenses that I use all the time. The front element is large and
sticks out which seems like a hazard. One of these lenses cost me a huge
amount of money. Whew! I sure wouldn't want it to get hurt. I shoot a lot
at concerts and other large events. Last week I was in the middle of the
Bay-to-Breakers race (shooting) in San Francisco. What a wild and crazy
place. My first time in San Francisco. The problem with these real wide
angle lenses is that you have to get real close to the happening to get
your shots. I've tried to get protection filters for them but with no
success. Maybe someone on this list can help.

15mm Super-Elmarit-R
16mm Fisheye-Elmarit-R
19mm Elmarit-R (new)

Thank U.