Subject: [Leica] Screen Secret
From: Lucian Chis <chis@ece.orst.edu>
Date: Thu, 20 May 1999 09:46:26 -0700 (PDT)

Well,

According to Minolta, the secret for their AcuteMatte screens is the fact
that the microscopic surface, unlike in a regular screen, where it is
randomly shaped, in their screens it resembles tiny pyramids.
You may think of it as a microprism ring which is 100 or 1000 times finer
and it extends all over the screen.
So I would expect all of these screens to have some sort of ordered
polishing to reach the same result. And that's why NOBODY makes screens
for Minolta, as I have said previously!

Lucian

No archive!