Subject: Re: [Leica] M2 vs M4 vs M6 - Newbie Q
From: "Guido Soprano" <guidosoprano@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 20 May 1999 11:57:36 EDT

Jeff,

Great analysis

My $.02

1. Don't even think about installing a rapidload kit for M3/2, Bill is
right, get extra spools per below

2. The rewind cranks sold by Richard Wasserman (disfromage@aol.com) make
rewinding v. quick & easy, & don't get in the way.

3. M6 V/F flare seems related to the small semi-silver strip at the bottom
of the VF front window. It's there so you can see the red LED's

4. I believe that the eyepiece on the M3/2 is different (the part # changed
somewhere through the m4/m4-2/m4-p time.

5. Do check for strap lug rotation, as well as everythinmg else that Hans
Pahlen, CameraQuest et al suggest.

The generations feel different, but perform just as well.

Bon Chance

Guido