Subject: Re: [Leica] H-P PhotoSmart Scanner S20
From: omegaman <omegaman@shentel.net>
Date: Tue, 18 May 1999 14:35:48 -0700

Ken Lassiter wrote:

> Has anyone any experience using the new version of the H-P PhotoSmart
> Scanner, the S20?  It appears to improve on some of the shortcomings of
> the previous machine.
>
> Thanks for any advice you can offer.
>
> Ken Lassiter
Ken:
I have the S20 and love it.  I didn't have the previous model, so
nothing to compare it to.  I based my purchase on the information found
at the following: http://www.halftone.co.uk/tech/filmscan/menu.htm
Everything you ever wanted to know about scanners but were afraid to
ask.  One word of caution; the S20 requires a Universal Service Bus
(USB)-the previous model used SCSI.  Most new PC machines come with USB
but if you don't have it, you will need to install another card.
Randolph Carlisle