Subject: [Leica] Who is my hero ?
From: Lucien <lucien@ubi.edu>
Date: Sat, 15 May 1999 20:39:54 +0100

Dear Don,

Who is my hero ?
The good faith maybe, even if I'm not always immune to some bias myself .
;-)

But in this case, I was only discussing the BAS tests.
And I admire your blind faith in numbers.
Numbers not so meaningful in that example, I'm afraid.

I have to confess that, in the past, I used the BAS tests as a sort of
"support" for not so rational buys.
But that's all the credit I gave them.  An excuse for myself.

Now, regarding Erwin's tests (because that's your real concern and not BAS
after all),  I found them to be talking to my intelligence, and not to my
subjectivity or my irrationality, even if there is no numbers.

I just reread the BAS test about the Vario-Apo-Elmarit 2,8/70-180mm (1996)
just after Erwin's test of the same lens.
If you are more happy with the BAS test and their credentials, good for you.

BTW, I'm still trying to find in what sense your own comments are objective.
;-)

DonjR43198@aol.com wrote:

> This idea that everyone is supposed to take someone's subjective comments as
> the gospel reminds me of those who wanted to burn scientists who suggested
> the world was round and the world was not the center of the universe.

?!? Who ever said that ?

Regards,

Lucien