Subject: [Leica] Re: Holga/Leica debate
From: m037iu00@cwcom.net
Date: Sat, 15 May 1999 13:20:53 +0100

This was exemplified in the  late 50's by a British photojournalist on the
magazine, 'Picture Post', Bert Hardy.
He told his editor it was the photographer rather than the camera that made the
picture, his editor promptly took him up on his word and sent him out with a box
Brownie!
he returned with one of the most classic seaside Summer pictures that has been
published hundreds, or even thousands, of times.
Two ladies sitting on iron railings at the seafront laughing together,
delightful!

But I agree that we choose the cameras we want to use for whatever reasons we
care to name (or hide). We are free to photograph how we want to and do not need
to be told to use a Holga, Leica, box Brownie or otherwise. We know we have
excellent cameras, we know we should take better photographs with them than
something simpler, but we also know that sometimes we would still like to be
better photographers than we are!

Jem