Subject: Re: [Leica] Shutter Burn. Need Sunblock?
From: Meino de Graaf <meino@trw.nl>
Date: Wed, 12 May 1999 09:46:09 +0200

It is not urban legend. It happened me once.
Taking a picture during a bright day, while the sun was low and in the middle of
the picture. Afterwards all my slides contained a white spot caused by a tiny
hole in the shutter curtain. It happened with an M3 and a 35mm summicron.

On the topic of precautions, I think that the described measurment are enough,
the time it takes, depends also on the diafragma used while pointing at the sun.
So I never use caps, but try to prevent pointing towards the sun.

Meino