Subject: [Leica] Re: 60mm filters for 100m R Apo-Elmarit?
From: Jim Brick <jimbrick@photoaccess.com>
Date: Tue, 11 May 1999 14:09:25 -0700

The problem with step-up rings is that you cannot use the built-in lens
shade. Step-up rings can be useful is certain (perhaps bazaar) situations,
but for normal use, you are much better off using the correct size filter.

And I repeat, I have probably 8 or 10 different 60mm filters. Mostly B+W,
some Heliopan. They were all in stock at B&H or my local dealer (KSP).

Jim