Subject: Re: [Leica] The diatribes of Mr. Puts
From: "Lee Yan Zhan" <yzlee@cyberway.com.sg>
Date: Wed, 12 May 1999 01:03:31 +0800

Hi Peter,

> Well Erwin,
>
> Since you won't be reading this reply to your diatribe and since you
quoted
> the McCarthy era, let me point out that this reinds me of the OJ trial.
> Since you refuse to explain who you are, and people have told you not to
> respond to these posts (which I did not start by the way) it is only
logical
> that you attack the questioner.  Its easier to attack a person to hide
the
> facts, if indeed they are to be hidden.  It appears you have never found
> Leica lens to your disliking, hence the questions. You are entitled to
> ignore my posts, so be it, this is your right.  All that was asked of you
> was who you are.  Outside of taking some girlie pictures that you post on
> your website (nice looking girls for the most part) we know nothing else.

Although I do not know you personally and do not wish to cause a flame war
here, I think your last 2 sentence is uncalled for.  I have been on the LUG
since it started and admittedly, on the passive mode.  But this time, I
really have to SPEAK UP!!!

I met Erwin 2 years ago when I was in Amsterdam for a short trip.  He is a
very knowledgeable and unassuming gentlemen (reminds me of my university
professor).  I am aware of the true nature of his profession and who he is.
 I can assure you that it is a far cry from what you are implying in your
closing sentence.  Leica research is his non-profit hobby and I am very
appreciative of his work.  Likewise, I have also learn much from the rest
of the gang...Tom, Marc, Ted, Henning W, Walt, Jim B, Oddmund, Guido,
Lucien, Hans, Pascal, Bill R, Frank F. Dan P, Dan K, Nathan W., Marvin M,
Larry Z, Alfred B, Alister F, Tina M, etc, etc,,,,,,,,including even you (I
still remember your posting on 135 M APO).

So, all said is done with.  Please do not dishonour Erwin or yourself
further by continuing this thread.  Lets get back to talking about Leica!!!

My humble 2 cents worth,
Lee
Fellow LUGGER from Singapore