Subject: Re: [Leica] Erwin Qualifications
From: csocolow <csocolow@microserve.net>
Date: Tue, 11 May 1999 00:24:59 -0400

"Kotsinadelis, Peter (Peter)" wrote:

> Why doesn't Erwin speak for himself regarding his credentials?
> Or is he going to threaten to quit the LUG (again) so everyone has to kiss
> up to him and get him not to?
>
> Peter K

Peter,

I rarely get involved in flame wars. However, it is not for Erwin to
justify his bona fides. He's explicit in his scientific method. His
postings and web site are there for everyone's benefit to consume as
they see fit in accordance with each individual's skepticism and need
for knowledge. His personal work is beautiful. He maintains a humility
which has not been seen of late on this forum.

Frankly, I would rather read his posts than your vitriolic invective.
And that equally goes for your screeds in Shutterbug or wherever. Your
anger and arrogance offend me and dilute the validity of anything you
say. Since I primarily do advertising and commercial photography I
realize how important packaging and presentation are to content. It's an
awareness you would do well to incorporate into your sensibilities.

Now, if I could only find time to use my Leicas as much as I'd like for
my personal work (on topic) I would be much happier.

- --
Carl Socolow

http://members.tripod.com/SocPhoto/