Subject: Re: [Leica] anti-Leica-ism?
From: FIGLIO4CAP@aol.com
Date: Mon, 10 May 1999 15:39:52 EDT

God, folks, I can't believe all of this "stuff." So much noise about so
little! Where do you all get the time to persist in all of this?

Regarding Erwin Puts: I feel that he is one of the few here who actually
looks critically at the performance of the equipment in a comparative way. I,
too, have taken that perspective over the years. It is time-consuming and
demanding work, but it is the only way to determine if one lens outperforms
another on the parameters being considered. If you are interested in those
kinds of analyses, his reports are invaluable. If you are not, fine.  But why
not hold back the "bull" and save your energy
so that you, too, can make a contribution to knowledge and practice in your
own way as Erwin does in his?

I, too, have been dispappointed over the years with Leica equipment now and
then. It is terribly expensive. But I also have found that in photography,
audio, cars and airplanes; all of the high - end gear is somewhat touchy,
quirky and also potentially wonderfully rewarding.
Bob Figlio