Subject: Re: [Leica] 135
From: Dan Cardish <dcardish@microtec.net>
Date: Mon, 10 May 1999 13:58:54 -0400

Aha....you bring up another point.   The 135mm focal length is a seldom
used one for me; I bought the 135/4 almost as an impulse.  My local dealer
had two that were returned by customers who wanted to trade up to the
135/3.4.   They were virtually new.   I've used it a few times, and have
been very pleased with the quality of the lens, but it is not 'natural' for
me.  So even if the newer lens turns out to be a killer in comparison, it
would still not really make sence for me to have it.  But, and this is
strictly my opinion, I really don't believe that the new lens can be that
much better, in side by side print comparisons.

For what it is worth, in all my years of photography, I have never seen an
optical equivalent of an audio store's A/B test, where one lens outshone
another.  I've noticed subtle differences, yes, but none that would scream
out, "This is better than the other".

Dan C.