Subject: Re: [Leica] Domke F-803
From: Joe Berenbaum <joe-b@dircon.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 10 May 1999 18:24:21 +0000

At 06:17 AM 5/10/99 +0200, you wrote:

>I second this.  I had a Domke F-802 Satchel for 4 years of continuous use
>and that seems to be all it could take.  The first to degrade was the strap
>which started to fray.  Then, the stiffener across the top pierced through
>the fabric and some other small holes started to appear elsewhere.  And the
>black dye faded continuously throughout the four years and became really
>washed out; this was especially severe in the strap, for some reason.
>Despite this, I loved the bag and indeed got an F-806 ("Bureau Chief"
>Satchel) in December and love that even more, but have noticed that it, too,
>has already started to fade.
>
>Therefore, I would recommend that Domke, at the very least, get themselves a
>better black dye supplier.
>
>Bruce Feldman
>Prague

Some of the Domke bags are available in a different and tougher material, I
think they call it "ballistic nylon". I have a bigger Domke bag made out of
that and it looks and feels like it will last a very long time. It doesn't
fade, it doesn't wear, it just stays looking like pristine new synthetic
bag material for ever. I would get one of their smaller bags in this
material too if they offer that option.

Joe Berenbaum