Subject: [Leica] muddy prints
From: "Robert G. Stevens" <robsteve@istar.ca>
Date: Mon, 10 May 1999 08:20:23 -0300

Martin:

Two causes of these muddy prints is exhausted developer, or a safelight too
close fogging the paper or of the wrong type.  This is all assuming you
have decent negatives to start with  and are using the paper developer to
its proper time and not yanking the pints out when they start to get dark.
Another mistake is when you do get the processing right, a print looks
contrastier while wet and can sometimes be disappointing when it dry and
need to be printed on a higher grade of paper.

Regards,

Robert