Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica Users digest V8 #66
From: getrichkwik@webtv.net (ED Cherney)
Date: Mon, 10 May 1999 06:42:42 -0400 (EDT)

Jem asked...
- ----
"Do you have a stranger story to tell of a reluctant portrait session?"
- ----
One time I had a in-home sitting to shoot a portrait of gramma & grampa.

TRYING to get grampa to smile was like trying to freeze water with a
bonfire! He was as poker-faced as you can get!

However...every time the flash went off...you've never seen the biggest
beautiful smile as any happy person could garner between two ears.

Then my funnybone kicked-in and I outsmarted the ole Fox. I pulled out
another flashgun...inserted a bulb...and held it high (like we use to do
to throw the shadow behind the subject...remember those good-ole
flashbulb days?...hmm?).

When I got the perfect smile from gramma...I fired my foney-flash for
gramps' benefit. Once he saw the flash go off...he immediately relaxed
and created the only-one smile ever captured on film
previously...because THAT's when I gottem...with the real-flash.

When gramma saw the portrait...she burst into tears with happiness...and
I was continually hounded by family members with: "Hownahell didja git
the ole-geezer to smile!?"...which...by the way...is making me smile NOW
as I recall this experience for you....
ED.