Subject: Re: [Leica] flash on the M6 TTL
From: John Gong <jgong@cisco.com>
Date: Sun, 09 May 1999 21:53:45 -0700

Francesco,

What I've gleaned through the months of Leica and Contax G user postings is
that the Nikon flashes work in manual and automatic mode just fine with
other branded cameras.  However, I can't confirm this, as I took the safe
route and have been using Metz flashes and changing the feet (adapter)
depending on the camera.  I really like the TTL feature of the latest
cameras.

Occasionally, I'll have the flash with the wrong adapter for my camera at
hand; setting the flash to auto has worked every time.  It's just that
relying on the flash's sensor is not as accurate as using the camera's
builtin meter.

John