Subject: Re: [Leica] 90 APO origin and other trivia
From: DonjR43198@aol.com
Date: Sun, 9 May 1999 21:00:41 EDT

There are so many stories going around which Leica has not seen fit to
provide firm answers that it is likely no one knows what to believe.  In the
last two days persons who say they own the 90 mm APO-ASPH have advised the
lens is manufactured in Germany, Canada and Portugal.

Erwin Puts says the lens is outstanding and better than any earlier 90 mm
lens.

Your importer says there is a manufacturing problem with the 90 APO-ASPH and
that is slowing production.

Since there is no definitive answer, I suppose we will just have to choose
any one of the rumors.

I hope the 135 APO-Telyt is really available as I ordered one this afternoon
and was assured it would be shipped Monday.

Good luck waiting for the 90 A-A.