Subject: Re: [Leica] Xtol long
From: D Khong <dkhong@pacific.net.sg>
Date: Mon, 10 May 1999 06:22:37 +0000

>When Kodak came out with Xtol, I was drawn to it because of (supposed or
>real?) "environmental friendliness", shelf life, and sharpness, so I tried
>it. And I've been using it now for about 2 years and really like it. It is
>a way sharper then D76 and a bit "faster" and it has nice tonality. I used
>it mostly with HP5+ and now I'm trying it with D400.

The XTOL and Ilford HP5+ combination is like made in heaven.  The results
are immensely satisfying.   I do not use XTOL as stock as I find the +1, +2
or +3 dilution  (I cannot get XTOL in Singapore and so have to be as
economical as possible) about the same in performance, differences only in
developing time.

Dan K.