Subject: Re: [Leica] Marks on focotar cosmetic??
From: "Dan Post" <dwpost@email.msn.com>
Date: Sat, 8 May 1999 23:50:14 -0400

Mary K-
I have seen lenses with both fungus and what might be a separation of one of
the elements! Unless the fungus has etched the glass itself, it is
relatively easy to clean of. Residual haziness might be caused by
separation, which, because of the nature of the adhesive, and sometimes
looks 'thready' or filamentous... You might check with J.Van Stelten and get
his opinion if it is pepairable, and worth fixing. I understand that these
lenses are not made anymore, so it might be worthwhile looking into it.
Dan