Subject: Re: [Leica] 90 mm APO-ASPH M
From: Henry Ambrose <digphoto@nashville.net>
Date: Sat, 8 May 1999 14:08:58 -0500

This 90mm-made-in-wherever-thing REALLY DOES NOT MATTER.

If you don't like where they are made don't buy one.

Lets talk about how good/bad they perform or something besides a thing we
have no control over.

On that subject:

I sure like my 90 Elamrit M. Small, light, sharp. Really nice lens.
Smooth focusing, excellent images. Just what I expect from Leica.

Does anyone know why the 90s focus to 1 meter and the 75 and smaller
focus to .7 meter? I do wish my 90 would go closer.

I am tempted by the 90APO just because I used the R 100 APO Macro some
and its incredible. Who knows, I might buy a 90APO some day after its
owner discovers its not German and I can buy it cheap!

Any disgruntled 90 APO ASPH owners want to sell me your crappy Canadian
lens for $ 1000.00 ? I'm buying all I can find at that price. :)

Henry