Subject: Re: [Leica] 15mm Heliar
From: "Dr. Joseph Yao" <yaojkfdr@netvigator.com>
Date: Thu, 06 May 1999 17:50:50 +0800

Byron,

The Heliar 15/4.5 ASPH. is available in Hong Kong and Japan and its
supply is now quite steady.  It comes in either silver chrome or black
finish, with an excellent 15mm finder.

To use the Heliar on your M6, all you need is an inexpensive LTM to M
adaptor.  TTL metering with the M6 is retained.  Neither the Heliar or
Skopar is rangefinder coupled, so you focus by estimating the distance.
However, with 15mm at f/8.0, virtually everything from 0.5m (approx.
1.65 ft.) to infinity is in focus.

If I can be of any help please e-mail me privately.  I have already
shipped a fair number of this lens (as well as the Skopar 25/4.0) to
various LUGgers all over the world.

Best regards,

Joseph